Tuesday, July 7

Mac, please.

Today, I came to the conclusion that PCs hate me.
Every. Single. One. Of. Them. HATE. Me.

Story of the day: I work at the Career & Counseling Office in the AC on Tuesdays, and as I'm walking in, I run into my boss. She decides she needs me at the Student Employment Office in the JBK...that's convenient. So I walk all the way back over to the JBK, get there, and my mouse doesn't work. Whaaaat?! Perfect. So, I unplug, plug back in, still nothing. I try the USB hookup instead. Nada. So I call the other office, and of course, we don't have any extra...mice...laying around. So I have to call the HELP desk. Just a little background information: I ALWAYS have something wrong, and have to call for help. First my computer just turns on and off, awesome. Then my email basically blows up. Even more awesome! Let's just say they basically know me by name :) So I call, and have to walk to the HELC to get a new mouse. Greg (one of several that I now know by name) offers to get me a new mouse. We walk to his office, and I'm greeted by the two student workers, who also know me. (One happens to be an attractive, foreign boy) and they just look at me and laugh. I then claim that my computer at work has something against me, and that I'm not an idiot. In a sarcastic tone, they both chime at the same time "uhhhh huuuuh". I blush, quickly get the new mouse, and walk back to the JBK. (At this point I text Jessica and say FML.) I get to the office and try it. Still a no go. So I call Greg, reboot the computer, and it works. Oh, okay. Awesome. I just loooove looking dumb :)

Point proven.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think they think you're dumb. Because you aren't.. it's not your fault PC's are frickin' lame. I bet the IT guys ran that one program where you can control the computer from another location, and messed it up so that your pretty face would have to go to the HELC and see them. :)

    ReplyDelete